it might not be officially here on the calendar, according to the almanac,
or whatever,
or whatever,
but summer is here, for us.
and we've been having a good one.
the things i love about summer are the smells of suntan lotion, the pool, fresh cut grass.
i love the taste of sweet summer fruit and the never ending supply of popsicles. and, i love how at the end of the day we are so tired and worn out from the sun and the water. it's the best kind of tired there is. i hope we have a lot of those moments this summer.
the things i love about summer are the smells of suntan lotion, the pool, fresh cut grass.
i love the taste of sweet summer fruit and the never ending supply of popsicles. and, i love how at the end of the day we are so tired and worn out from the sun and the water. it's the best kind of tired there is. i hope we have a lot of those moments this summer.
a last minute, throw everything in the car and drive as fast as you can to the splash pad kind of day.
always fun with our friends.
slurpees on the way home from the splash pad, a summer necessity.
{thankful for sugar free, caffeine free sprite slurpees}.
a clean kitchen, and the end of a good day.
central market with my friend holly and her absolutely adorable boys.
good conversation and good food.
when they first arrived, they put a few things down on the table, and then went to get some food.
we told them we'd watch their stuff, and as they were walking away, boyd shouted to them,
yeah and if some bad guys try to steal it i will kick their butts.
{oh geeze. little boys}.
stocked up, again.
boyd is getting freckles on his nose, and i just love them.
i can't really remember if he's had them, until now.
i guess i was grumpy or extra tired the other morning, because boyd said,
you better be careful...i'll hit you with the fun stick.
{noted}.
boyd spent a fun night with his memaw this week, and had a trip to chuck e cheese's.
we're looking forward to vacation bible school, movies, and swimming with some of our best friends.
we had passes gifted to us for a waterpark, and so much more to come.
it's going to be a good summer.
it's going to be a good summer.
love,
nicolle











7 comments:
I almost texted you earlier because Maddox randomly said today, "I think I want to kick butts with Boyd too."
I had the same response that you had at the table and then maddox said, "okay... I won't say it unless I'm playing with Boyd and you can't hear us." :D Turd!!!
I love them... and chatting with you.
Had it not been for B, I probably would have tried to keep you there until they closed!
That splash pad looks like a great time too... and all that cold summer sugar too. (or not sugar-- that you bought, but you know what I mean)... I love summer time.
And especially sun kisses baby faces!!
Sounds like a lot of fun already!! Love the splash park photos! And you were not a kidding when you said that those walmart popsicles were SO GOOD!!!
XO Kris
yeah for summer and the splash pad!:) we only have one around here and it is a bit away and an even more awesome one a little further...but it is going on the summer list for sure.
I love all the things you love about summer too. and the last two days have been better then Tuesday so that is a good thing!:)
so glad you got to meet up with holly again! (i'm jealous!:)) I bet your boys had a great time together. and girl you are seriously stocked up with popsicles...I thought we bought a lot!:) wouldn't be summer without 'em right?
so glad your day was so awesome!
have a happy day nicolle
Wish we had a splash pad closer...but we love our lake!
That's a whole lottapopscicles!
So much fun! That 1st shot is priceless...and I adore Boyd's goggles. :)
XO!
I'll hit you with the fun stick! That made my day!!! Summer hit Texas, that's for sure! Boyd is adorable and its obvious he's having a grand summer with you already! We're still waiting for summer here, a week of 50's and rain is great for the garden, but not so great fo summer fun!
It does look like you guys have had a great kick off to summer. :o)
Great pictures!
Post a Comment