Thursday, January 21, 2016

pimiento cheese

i grew up loving pimiento cheese.
my mom made it often, and in my memory i can still taste hers.
i found this recipe recently.
it's a copycat for HEB Central Market's pimiento cheese.
it's a little different and it's really good.


2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
one 4 oz jar diced pimientos, undrained
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T dried dill weed
1/4 to 1/3 c mayo, although i used more
salt and pepper to taste

the garlic and the dill are not traditionally found in pimiento cheese,
but this version is nice, a little fancy, and perfect in my opinion.

we like to dip into it with plantain chips, and of course eat it as a sandwich.
if you want something really amazing, make a grilled pimiento cheese sandwich.

enjoy.

love,
nicolle

3 comments:

Kris said...

Well that does sound delish!!! I might have to whip up a batch!
I have missed you!
xo Kris

Kerri said...

Thanks for sharing! I put the ingredients on my list for next week...I'm going ALL the way and trying the grilled pimento sandwich. :)

Jill said...

Looks delicious!! Have a fantastic weekend!

Blessings,
Jill