Monday, October 3, 2011

monday

over the weekend i had 8 glorious hours alone.
boyd played at his memaw's,
and kevin helped his mom with stuff at her new house.
i thought i was in for about 2 hours alone,
so 8 hours was a huge bonus.


i've been eating lots of quinoa.
i love it with butter, splenda and cinnamon.


my friend keri p. tipped me off on these candies.
i had to get some immediately.
pumpkin spice caramels from central market.
heaven.
{i trashed those weird candy corns from the other day}.


my mom knitted this cute hat for boyd.
we've had it a while,
but i keep forgetting to get a photo.
it's a fish hat but you probably can't tell from these pictures.
boyd was not very cooperative.



my car is at the shop,
with a list of issues.
probably for a few days.
i would say it's 10 years old and still going strong,
but i'm not so sure anymore.
i'm very thankful we don't have car payments.
but, still.

boyd and i spent most of today with my mom.
dropped off my car, esperanza's for mexican brunch,
central market, hobby lobby.
then home.
we all tried to nap, but that was a flop.
i did get to soak in the tub and relax.
that is always a treat in the middle of the day.

have a good week!

12 comments:

Nichole said...

Your new candies sound delicious!

I'm glad you got to have some alone time over the weekend :o)

Your mom is a talented knitter. Very cute hat!

Kris said...

Yea for your 8 hours alone! Heaven!!! Love Boyd's hat!
Wish I could find those candies!!
: ) Kris

Genn said...

i LOVE a mid day bathtub soak. one of my favorites.
thsoe pumpkin caramel candies... omg, to die for. i must find them near me. it will be all i can think about now!! :)
hooray for your 8 hours alone!! felt like a vacation i bet huh?
Love Boyd's hat!
happy monday friend.

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

So happy you got alone time!

SZM said...

oh my those pumpkin spice caramels look yum.

4 Lettre Words said...

That hat is too much! LOVE it. So glad you had some time to relax. Sounds amazing. :)

sloan said...

hi nicolle - such a cute post! those candies look delicious, i should probably be thankful i can't get any around here ;-) i keep meaning to try out this quinoa recipe of yours, it sounds so yummy!! and ps, love that adorable fish hat!!

Megan said...

8 hours alone, oh wow...dreamy. Whatever you have in that glass looks nice. I am sorry your car is giving you fits. It is so nice not to have a car payment. I recently remembered that we have to buy Craig a car when we get home and that is a drag. Hope yours makes it awhile longer.

And I agree, life is too short to eat bad candy corn.

{cindy} said...

i have a 10 year old car too...you are making me nervous!!!:)
hope all those troubles worked out.
8 hours.....seriously....i don't know what i would have done with myself...well yes i do, but i still can't imagine!!:)
yummy candy
adorable hat
good night

(how did I get so "behind" over here?!?!?!:)
your inbox is kind of loaded from me right now!:)

Kim said...

That hat = awesomesauce.

Again...wonder if there's any chance of finding those candies out here. They sound yummy.

Glad you found yourself with a little peace and quiet for while. I know you deserve it!

Kerri said...

Pumpkin spice caramels...seriously. I can almost taste them...I would eat them all instantly!

Glad you enjoyed some alone time...

Adorable hat!

keri p said...

I have a twelve year old car...I'm ready for a new one, but I told Greg I would hold off a couple more years. I rather spend money on other stuff! Plus, Greg is a technician...Lucky me! What make do you have? Greg is strictly a Ford Tech. Those candies do look good! ;)