Wednesday, July 31, 2013

this week

we've been...
swimming with friends in our neighborhood pool.
swimming at memaw's house. we had a really nice day over there.
drinking iced coffee. or mocha as boyd says. he always tells me i'm drinking a mocha,
and i just go with it.
school clothes shopping. i'm not a shopper. we spent about 5 minutes picking out shirts and shorts. and i was happy with everything that we got. his closet is full of big boy clothes. sigh. and when he's 18 i will look back and laugh at this, and then i'll really think he's wearing big boy clothes.
school supplies are purchased, and boyd is the proud owner of an angry birds backpack, which he won't stop wearing around the house. 




playing with a good friend from pre-school, and eating super hero bomb pops.
boyd is a hugger, and i love that.
however, he loves to bear hug his friends, and lift them off of the ground. he did that today, and sweet ethan got a little upset, which left boyd boohooing off and on for an hour about how he'd hurt his friend. i told him it was ok and ethan was not mad at him, but not everyone wants to be hugged like that by him. maybe only his daddy.



eating brown bag popcorn, with sriracha.
{in my mind i always thank my friend sealaura for this combo, each time i eat it}.
it's my go to dinner, in this heat.
along with a sparkling water that i'm now hooked on.


 my sweet babe fussed at me all day long today. i don't like to vent about parenting too much because no one ever said it was easy. and what i have to say about it has already been said a million times.
and maybe i vent too much, i don't know, i'm frazzled tonight.
some days it's so complex and confusing and exhausting and emotional.
bedtime was a big blessing tonight. that is the truth.
 

kevin is at the office late tonight, it's now 9 pm, and i might have just texted him and said, i need tacos.
another truth.

boyd and i were out somewhere the other day, and some men behind us were talking about the king of beers {i'm assuming their conversation was about budweiser}. boyd asked me, who is the king of beers mom? and before i could answer he said rather loudly,
i know, Jesus is the king of beers
i teach boyd that we should be thankful to Jesus for everything in our lives, and that he has made everything good. beer is good. maybe i have misled boyd in my teachings, but i guess his reasoning skills are right on target.

i'm going to bed.
i'm exhausted.
waiting on the tacos first though.

love,
nicolle

8 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Nicolle. Life is full of days like this! Glad your hubby brought you some yummy tacos. That has to help!
xo Kris

Lollipops & Pig Tails said...

Tacos can help anything! So sorry you had a rough day with Boyd, it is so hard some days. :( wish I would have been in town, he could have spent the night!

I love the King of Beers comment! You are teaching him SO right, he will learn about the other stuff sooner than we.

Kerri said...

Oh he is too cute! I hope those guys heard Boyd say that Jesus is the king of beers- I love it!
I hope your tacos were good! I could never tell Eric to pick up tacos bc we have zero places around here to get them! :(
School shopping already? You guys are on the ball! And lastly, I must get to TJ's this weekend! What do you add to your iced coffee? Milk?

Sarah said...

Amen to tacos! And enjoy your mocha! ;-)

Holly said...

I bet he was ecstatic over his new backpack! That's a big deal in 5 year old world!

Maddox is a serial hugger too. It annoys most of our friends and I have to remind him often that not everyone likes it... especially his brother, who happens to HATE it!

In your head you may worry that this was too negative (because that's what I do when I get real on here) but I thought it was perfectly written and just showed real life. It isn't always rainbows and butterflies!

...sometimes it is late night tacos and mochas!!

Nichole said...

I'm not much of a shopper either...when it comes to clothes anyway. Home decor is another story though. When does school start for Boyd?

I was glad to see on IG that the following day was better for you both. :o)

Jess @ Wrangling Chaos said...

OMG COLD BREW CONCENTRATE. I haven't seen that. Where in TJ's is it? Like, what section? I must have some.

When did Boyd get so big? I don't understand. He was 3 yesterday, I swear.

4 Lettre Words said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Love it!