Happy Monday. I haven't always looked forward to Mondays, but I was looking forward to this one. I was crabby all weekend, and I know Kevin was ready to get back to work. {Sorry dear}. I was glad to get a fresh start today. Boyd and I went to pick out a gingerbread house to decorate this morning. We made our first one last year, here, and I just laugh looking back at those pictures. Sweet memories. And yes, it feels like that was just yesterday. sigh.
So, we went to Trader Joe's, and they were out of kits.
I wasn't too sad, because I can always find a few things I need at TJs.
As we were leaving Trader Joe's, I heard someone call my name, and it was my sweet blog friend Christen. She came up and hugged me, we talked for a few minutes, and I was just so happy to run into her. She is the cutest, sweetest person. It made me smile to see her today. She told us to check Central Market for a gingerbread house, so we went over there. We didn't pick up a house there, but we did get some cute decorations for it. We found a house at Target, and came home to decorate.
I have to admit, poinsettias were not always my favorite, but I sort of love them now.
So, we went to Trader Joe's, and they were out of kits.
I wasn't too sad, because I can always find a few things I need at TJs.
As we were leaving Trader Joe's, I heard someone call my name, and it was my sweet blog friend Christen. She came up and hugged me, we talked for a few minutes, and I was just so happy to run into her. She is the cutest, sweetest person. It made me smile to see her today. She told us to check Central Market for a gingerbread house, so we went over there. We didn't pick up a house there, but we did get some cute decorations for it. We found a house at Target, and came home to decorate.
I have to admit, poinsettias were not always my favorite, but I sort of love them now.
Here are the extra decorations that we bought, for our gingerbread house.
All Boyd wanted to do was eat the candy, and the icing out of the bag.
80 degree weather and tshirts/shorts. Last year we froze when we made our house.
Here is our masterpiece.
It's totally wonky, but that makes it that much better.
Boyd placed most of the lights and a few other things, and I did the rest. Boyd did what 4 year olds do, asking for one more candy, one more sip of icing, can I eat a corner of the roof, can we go in now, are we finished.
Stuff like that.
Boyd held it in his lap very carefully. I was almost convinced we were going to lose the house a couple of times.
One more, just because it makes me smile.
And,
I have 2 new things in my happy bowl.
These pineapple chips are amazing,
as are the dark chocolate candy cane truffles.
happy. happy.
have a good afternoon.
love,
nicolle



13 comments:
Pineapple chips?!? Oh my word. I need a trip to TJ's in the near future.
Boyd looks too old in the pictures!
So fun! It turned out very cute!
I feel like I've been endlessly crabby lately. I feel like I just haven't gotten my feet back on the ground yet.
I'm the same with poinsettias...I used to think they were kind of ugly and now I kind of love them!
I love your guys' gingerbread house! It's so cute...and so is Boyd. Such a sweetie.
Teen Mom time :o)
Ryan loves the pineapple chips, too!
I love your gingerbread house! I've never seen those light candies before!
I've been without a computer for almost a week...so I have some catching up to do over here!
loved running into you, too! What a treat!!!
I love all your extra candies you got for the house!
Those Christmas lights are the cutest.
And that's all my kids wanted to do too, eat the candy. I guess the temptation is just too much for them. :)
It turned out sooo great...and I love the extras! Great job Mama and Boyd!
So cute! He looks so proud! We got to watch the girls do theirs the other night. What fun!!!
xo Kris
when I met B, he was all about making a Gingerbread house, so we did and he was just like Boyd! I think he just wanted to eat a lot of candy! LOL!
So cute. The candy lights are awesome. Pineapple chips...I must have some.
You guys did a great job with the GB house. turned out perfect.
can't wait for house time this year! i saw they have cute little people to decorate too...that might be just right for little aubrey!
love all of boyds quetions...
have a happy day nicolle
Post a Comment